listening to: A song about Lists
Reading: From top to bottom (instead of left to right)
Writing About: Uninformed Opinions on Unimportant Topics
I. Sandwich Rules
- More is better
- Cheese is not negotiable
- Toasted > Cold
- No Avocado
II. Holiday Themed Snacks (Best)
- Candy Corn
- Things with Peppermint
- Grilled meat (4th of July, Octoberfest, Whatever)
III. Holiday Themed Snacks (worst)
- Boiled Eggs covered in Dye
- Black Eyed Peas (with or without hidden money)
- Cranberry Sauce shaped like a can of cranberry sauce
IV. Best Ways to Throw Your Vote Away
- Don’t take into account viability: ignore odds, intentionally undervalue outcomes
- Christmas Tree Bubble Strategy
- Stick with your conscience, ignore your pragmatism: Guts over Glory!
- Literally, put the paper in the trash
V. Punk Rock Bands (ranked by enjoyability, not importance).
- The Clash
- At The Drive-In
VI. "That's a Racket"
- Every Incarnation of Multi-Level / Peer to Peer Marketing
(regardless of the product or promise)
- Your School’s Fundraiser
VII. Areas of My Expertise
- Comic Book Movies
- Late 90s Rock and Roll
- Locating very cheap clothing and used books
- Instant decision making
- New Year’s Resolutions (and their feasability)
VIII. Your Cell Phone Wants to Destroy You
- Expectation of constant availability: that’s crazy!
- Addiction + Distraction: Does the thing I am looking at matter right now?
- The upgrade tread mill:
Always gonna be a newer faster model on the rack in stores,
but you aint never gonna be happy till you love yours
(Saltiness alert if you research that paraphrase/quotation. You’ve been warned)
IX. Favorite Books of the Bible (In order of current personal preference)
X. Number of blog posts necessary to complete my new year's resolution:
- 13. Count it, published.